Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kids Are So Fun To Shoot



Well..they are! You honestly never know what you're going to get. Every time I am around my girlfriend's nieces I can't help but pull out my camera and start shooting. I can only imagine how I am going to be with my own kids some day!

We were all together yesterday evening for a get together and, as usual, I decided to get out the camera and run around with them and get some shots.

Here's Lexie, and at almost 3 she is getting to the point where every time my camera comes out it is time to run away and hide. She wasn't fast enough! I managed to get this shot of her sitting in the dirt in the backyard.

At first glance I was bummed the shot didn't capture her whole body, but the more I looked at it the more I started to love it for that reason. Don't think your shots have to be 'compositionally correct' to make great photographers. I believe photography is in the eye of the beholder. There are always going to be people that love your photographs and others that will critique it until they're blue in the face. Shoot to capture the moment!

Here are some image specs for you photographers:

camera: nikon d300
lens: 50mm/1.8
focal length: 50mm
shutter speed: 1/60
aperture: 2.5
iso: 800
mode: manual
meter mode: matrix

Add me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

No comments: