Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photography - A Never Ending Learning Process

It's funny - When I think back to the days I first started photography I laugh at myself about how little I knew. But really, now I can sit down at the end of every single week and look back to see how little I knew before the week began. Photography to me is a never ending learning process. One week you think you've learned it all and you couldn't possibly improve anymore, just to find out that next big secret that pushes your photography even further. I absolutely love it.

I first want to urge anybody who hasn't tried photography to really give it some thought. I never considered myself a person of 'the arts' going through school. As a matter of fact, art class bored the heck out of me. Me, drawing? Yeah. Right. It's a shame I had that attitude because now I see how much art and photography have in common. I honestly picked up a little, cheap Sony Digital camera one day and started taking pictures. They were horrible, but something inside me clicked: a talent God instilled in me that I never knew was there. Pretty cool. Long story short, here I am. So enough of this, just try it out and see where it takes you.

For you out there that are already into photography. That's awesome. All I can tell you is read, read, and practice more. I have a problem with the latter. I tend to read a little too much and don't practice enough, which gets you no where! The internet really is a classroom filled with more information then you could ever imagine. It's amazing. We really are at a stage in society where anything we need to know is only a click away.

Keep learning!
Add me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

No comments: